Thursday, March 25, 2010

Emboss resist background by Alice

Hi all! I am here to share a technique that I love and use all the time. This technique is called "emboss resist." I learned this at Jennifer McGuire's "Thinking Inking" class at Two Peas last year. Here is how it's done:

You will need the stamp image that you want to use as your background, cardstock, embossing ink pad, clear embossing powder and a heat gun. I used this pretty flower stamp from the Birdie Love stamp kit.

I started by stamping the flower image all over the cardstock with my Big & Bossy embossing ink. I usually start at a corner and work outwards with some spaces between each stamped image until the whole cardstock is covered.

Then sprinkle the clear embossing powder over the stamped cardstock and tap off excess. I store my clear embossing powder in a plastic container for easy access and no mess.

With the heating tool, heat the images until all the embossing powder were melted.


With a ink applicator and a felt attachment and start inking your embossed cardstock with the distress ink of your choice. I used a yummy new color - tumbled glass.

This is how it looked after you are done inking the piece. You can use as much ink as you want to get the best result that you desire. I wanted the background color to be a light blue so I didn't use a lot of ink.

Here is my final card:

I used the beautiful Willow image and sentiment from the store stamp kit - Blooming Spring for my card and I just love the light blue background for this card! =) Hope you will try this fun technique, too!

9 comments :

  1. Thanks for showing us this Alice,its easy when you know how.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great idea! I've never thought of this... Have to try, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique and have learn't it recently via hobbycrafts web site. I tried it yesterday using a medallion stamp which i inked up in four shades of blue using ink pads and then cut out individual elements and mounted them on a card. Card not photographed yet but will be on my blog real soon.Must try it for a background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice outcome! but you have to use the foam things for the blending tool if you use distress inks... the felt is for using alcohol inks.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful background! Thank you for sharing this technique! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idee,it is very easy. we are going to use this technique.
    Thanks for all the great ideas, we get from this site.

    bye bye marjan en ella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely done:)

    thx Alice for sharing!!

    xx sonja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo,

    Thanks for sharing this with us, I will try it out !
    Françoise (Belgium)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...