Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Whiff of Joy ~ A Tribute

Happy Tuesday! So, many of you have already heard the news that Whiff of Joy is closing as of the middle of June. The news is sad and having been a fan from the very beginning  and then a designer from very early on, the news affects me in a deeply personal way.

I began blogging in June 2008 and almost immediately found Katharina’s blog. I was amazed by her talent and then her generosity of spirit as we became “blog” friends. When she opened Whiff of Joy, I was one of the very first customers. At the beginning of 2009 I earned a guest spot on the team and then was asked to stay on. I never left and in recent years went on to be the DT coordinator. Of this I am extremely proud.

I wanted to pay tribute to Whiff of Joy, but more importantly, to Katharina. A truer more generous friend cannot be found. As much as I cherish having been a part of Whiff of Joy for all this time, I cherish Katharina’s friendship even more. She is taking a difficult step and an exciting one and moving forward. I wanted to wish her well and let her know that Whiff of Joy has made my life more full. Full of laughter, fun and friendship. Thank you my dear friend. I am happy that this is not good-bye as we both will still meet in blog land and through social media. One day, we will meet in real life. The only question is whether it will be in Canada or Switzerland.

My fellow DT members are amazing. Past and present members, all of you made me laugh and were a delight to work with. Did I tell you often enough? I hope so. It was a privilege to work alongside you!

So, what better way to give a tribute than a compilation video of some (not all….there are too many) of my DT cards for Whiff of Joy! Grab a cuppa and sit for awhile. Share my memories with me. To see this in HD please follow this link –>HERE

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you can join with me and wish Katharina well and let her know what Whiff of Joy has meant to you.

The store in still open and will be until mid-June. You still have time to grab some lovely things. The amazing DT will be creating new makes until the end of May. You can see them on our blog.

 

Hugs Jeanette xxo

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely trubute will us, I have so enjoyed the Whiff of Joy products and blog, I will really miss them both. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanette, my dear friend,
    Thank you so much for these words, which touched my heart and will there be treasured forever! I am so blessed to have found such sweet friends like you through WhiffofJoy. Not only have you supported me and WoJ with your extraordinary craft skills, but also with your professionalism and loyalty.
    Thank you so much!!
    Katharina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...