Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Die-cutting with Japanese washi tape by Alice


Hello! It's Alice here and I am sharing a fun way to use the very trendy washi tapes with your dies and colored images today.


You will need:

  • Japanese washi tapes (the floral ones that I used are from Mark's) or decorative taps (My Mind's Eye, Queen & Company, Target and Michaels now have some of their own designs, too)
  • Dies of your choice ( I used Pennants and Bundle of Joy)
  • A piece of cardstock
  • Die-cutting machine

Starting with covering the cardstock with washi tape.


Take care to line them up without overlapping. If you are trying to build a pattern with your tapes then of course overlap them as you see fit.


I just covered my cardstock in the area that is big enough to cut the Pennants and since I only wanted to use the little heart on the onsie, a tiny piece was enough for it.


Send the piece through your die-cutting machine.


And here you have it. Die cut shapes with pretty prints from washi tapes. This is one more way that you can add those chic and trendy washi tapes in your cards/projects.

Here is a quick and simple card that I made using the elements that I cut out.


I used the sweet Nora with Rose for my card and the sentiment is from General Sayings II set. The teal stripe and pink polka dot decorative tapes that I used on the card base are from Target.

Hope you will give this a try! =)

Thanks for stopping by!

hugs,
alice

4 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...