Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Maternity gift


 Hello dear tutorialblog readers! Today I (Ingrid) want to share a maternity gift idea with you. I saw the idea on Katharina's blog a while ago and wanted to give it a try. I will show you how I colored my image with copics.
What you need:
a glass jar (and a little present for in the jar);
acrylic paint;
a tag;
a stamped image, I used "Baby Henry";
copic markers;
ribbon;
embellishments to decorate your tag;
a cup of tea or Latte Macchiato, but this is optional ;-)
I started with painting the cover of the jar, so that it can dry while I'm coloring my image. 
 I like to color my Henry images with the E40 copic numbers. Here I used E47, 44, 43, 42, 41 and 40.
 I start with the darkest color (E47). I choose where my lightsource comes from and color the places wich are darkest.
 Then I take the next color, E44, and go over the E47 and a bit further.
And so on with E43... This is where I also start to color the ears. I start coloring on the outside. I took the next picture for my inspiration ;-)
Henry in real life, LOL.
And go on with E42, now also adding details to his tummy.
 And with E41 I finish his face and body. I only leave some space uncolored in his ears and on his tummy.
 With E40 I also finish those last places.
For the cheeks and inside of the ears I start with R21...
... and blend it with R20...
 ... and blend it again with a bit E40.
 His nose and footpads I color with E13 and his eyebrows with E44.
It is now turn to the diaper, starting with RV34...
 ... next is R81...
... RV32... 
 ... and finally RV00.
 His teat I colored with R59, 46, 35, and I won't bore you with the different pictures. I already have to much pics!
 I'm not totally satisfied with the ears, so I go back and now I start with E44 instead of E43.
 Then I take E43, 42, 41 and finally E40. The coloring is finished now :-)
 I choose a nestabillitie to punch out my image and hold it in place with a post-it, really handy!
 I punch out a cute heart with a Whiff of Joy die.
At this point I thought about the cover and went to the kitchen to give it another layer of paint. And I also grab a cookie for myself ;-) Yum...
 And here you see the finished jar. The pink flower is from the Whiff of Joy shop and the pink button and the satin polka dot ribbon are both from the Sew Sweet shop.
Within the jar I put a hand made bib, if you want a closer look on that one, please visit my blog.

I hope you liked my tutorial! See you next time, happy crafting!

11 comments :

  1. Wonderfull Creation, thanks for the workshop!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial, especially the coloring with the copicnrs. And the "real" Henry is adorable.

    Hugs Thea

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful coloured.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice gift and a very cute Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowww Ingrid, this is gorgeous, love the beautiful image, coloured to perfection !!

    hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ingrid for sharing your copic coloring tutorial. I just got my copics out again to give them another try. Love the cute little "real" henry too. While I am scared to death of mice if they would be around me, I love to see pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingrid you`re so cute, love the mouse and cookie part! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geweldig leuk om te zien Ingrid hoe deze schattige Henry tot stand is gekomen! En niet alleen leuk ook erg leerzaam! Enne...eindelijk ken ik het geheim van waar jij je inspiratie vandaan haalt voor jouw pracht creaties....een heerlijke koek op z'n tijd! Nou dat ga ik zeker ook uitproberen hoor,hihi!
    In ieder geval weer bedankt voor het delen met ons. Liefs Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's soooo lovely and a great idea!!!

    Thx for showing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...