Saturday, April 28, 2012

Making patterned paper from old book pages


Hi, all! It's Alice here. I made a couple of fun patterned papers from some old book pages that I have laying around and here is how I made them.


You will need:

  • Old book pages or music sheets. Or they don't have to be old, newspapers would work, too.
  • A piece of cardstock. I trimmed mine to 5 1/2" x 4 1/2", you can use any size paper you want as long as you have enough book pages to cover it.
  • Muti-purpose glue and sealer. I used Ranger's Glue n' Seal with matte finish. Modpodge would work, too.
  • Foam brush. Or anything that can be used to apply the sealer.
  • A pair of scissors or paper trimmer.

First, tear the book pages into smaller pieces.



Starting by applying the sealer to the cardstock at one corner.



Lay done a piece of torn book pages. I made sure that it over hangs the edges.



Apply more sealer over the torn book page and going over so that it's ready for the second piece of book page.



Keep repeating the above step. Make sure to over lay papers and rotate the papers around so that they have a random look.



When the whole paper is covered, I went over the entire piece with more sealer to make sure that they are all glued done. Since the sealer is acid-free and non-toxic, it would also make sure that the piece is safe for paper crafting.



Here are a couple of pieces that I made before hand and dried. All you need to do is trim off the excess and they are good to go on your projects.



I think you can also just do the same thing to 3D objects. Just apply the sealer to the object and glue the torn book pages directly like you did on cardstock.


Here is the card that I made using one of the old book page patterned papers that I made.


I used the newly released Reading Cherub for my card. I inked all paper edges with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo distress inks and the sentiment is from General Sayings II set.

This is a very simple and fun way to make one of a kind patterned papers for your projects. Hope you will give it a try! =)

Thanks for stopping by!

hugs,
alice

12 comments :

  1. Wonderful Alice
    Love the vintage look ;)
    TFS
    Sonja x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful idea, THX for sharing :-)
    best regards from Vienna
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ого спасибо за мастер класс!!! Просто супер!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!!!Ilove the vintage!Hugs!!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very fabulous! Thanks you, Alice!What a awesome tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea Alice! Thanks for sharing :-)
    Hgus Ing

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and such a beautiful card.


    www.winecheesescrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. me encanta!
    te felicito!!


    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Carolina ArteScrap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea and so effective well done TFS Love Ann x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME! I will have to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...