Happy Monday! This is Jeanette and today I would like to share a tutorial that was published in a Russian Magazine earlier this year. It is an aperture card and I chose to showcase a few of the images from the 2010 Christmas stamp line. You could certainly switch this up to use any of your favorite stamps to create a lovely scene.
- Whiff of Joy Christmas Blessings Stamps 2010
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Neenah Solar Crest paper
- Various Copic Sketch Markers
- Cardstock (Stampin’ Up Early Expresso)
- Designer Paper (Basic Grey Wassail, Kaiser Craft Devonshire)
- Adhesive tape (Score-Pal)
- Dimensional Foam Tape
- Score-Pal or scoring tool
- Die Cutting Machine (Cuttlebug)
- Assorted Cutting Dies (Nestabilities 3”circle, 2.25” long oval, fancy tags; Nellie’s Multi-round die)
- Leaf punch (Martha Stewart)
- Ribbon (Stampin’ Up Victoria Crochet Lace)
- Sharp scissors
- Star embellishment
- Adhesive pearls (Kaiser Craft)
- Brown ink for sponging sentiment
1. Cut two pieces of cardstock 5-inches x 7-inches and score each at 0.5”, 1”, 6”, 6.5” as shown in photo.
2. Cut an aperture from one of these pieces using a cutting die and a die-cutting machine. Center the die as shown:
3. Fold the score lines on both pieces. It should look like this:
4. Add a strong adhesive tape along the sides of the folded tabs as shown:
5. Align the two pieces and press together. It should be able to stand alone.
6. Cut 2 pieces of designer paper to form 4.75-inch squares. Adhere one to inside of aperture card. Cut an aperture in remaining piece with the same cutting die used in step #2. Be sure to center the die in the middle.
7. Create a decorative mat for aperture. Use the die used in step #2 and a larger one. Cut both out at the same time, placing the smaller die inside the bigger one as shown:
8. Create stable roof. Cut cardstock to measure 1.5 x 7-inches and score at 1”. Cut across from edge to 0.5” score line as shown:
9. Punch multiple leaves out of leftover designer paper.
10. Attach roof over the aperture with adhesive tape and attach star embellishment to top with thread. Glue punched leaves to top of roof.
11. Stamp and color images from Whiff of Joy stamp kit. Stamps used for this project were Mary, Baby Jesus and Donkey. Images were stamped on Neenah solar crest paper and colored with various Copic Sketch markers. Cut out and adhere images to inside of card using dimensional foam tape.
12. Attach ribbon to each side of aperture and add decorative mat. Embellish with adhesive pearls.
13. Stamp sentiment on Neenah cardstock and cut out with cutting die. Sponge edges with brown ink. Cut decorative tag out of cardstock. Adhere the two together and then to front of card.
I hope this will inspire you to create your own aperture card using some of your favorite Whiff of Joy stamps!
Hugs Jeanette xxo