Thursday, June 30, 2011

Something more than just paper crafts...a cute pillow by tanjaak

Hello everyone! I wanted to show you something great you can do with your Whiff of Joy images. I thought why not use an image in a sewing project. So I made a cute pillow for my daughter and a card I'll propably put into a frame and use as artwork in her room.


So you'll need your basic supplies for making a card and then some more...the key is to find some iron-on transfer paper and a pillow and some fabrics. And of course you'll need to be able to use your printer to complete this project. A sewing machine is also needed unless you love sewing by hand LOL.

So the first step is to stamp and colour your image.


Here's my image (Friends Forever by Allison Acton) coloured with Promarkers and I also have used blue distress ink to make the clouds and some tea dye ink for the edges.

Then you need your transfer paper and simply copy your image onto it using you printer/photocopier. Simply copying the image will make it mirrored in comparison to the original one, but if you wish to avoid this you need to scan the image first, mirror it and then print. (I guess some fancy copiers have a command to do this straight away but mine doesn't).

Next iron your image onto your piece of fabric following the instructions on the transfer papers packaging. You'll get the best result by using white or at least light coloured smooth cotton fabric and ironing the fabric as flat as possible first. Trim the excess fabric off after ironing.


Now here I have the image on fabric and the materials I used on my pillow. The pillow is 35x35cm and I found it from IKEA. Let's start sewing away!


Now here is the finished project. I first sewed my image onto some linen coloured fabric and then onto my background fabric...I wanted to frame the fabric image a bit the same way I usually do on my cards. I also love the simplicity of my card. I decided to change the papers I had chosen for the card and opted to do something really simple. I really do think this combo will work well in my daughter's room...and would also be a great gift set. I think I'll be making more of these...each pillow will be unique as I'll only copy the image ones and make a card of the image straight away.

Thanks for looking and have fun crafting!

xxxTanja

7 comments :

  1. Very good! And when they do not wash out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vraiment très mignon. Bravo. Bisou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhh, I love this idea Tanja!!!!!! Super cute, need to try this.
    Katharina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tanja this is a fabulous idea and your finished cushion looks so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, I think I will try this! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...