Sunday, February 27, 2011

Corner bookmark by Alice

Hello! It's Alice here. I am sharing a simple corner bookmark with you.


I learned the base of this bookmark from a Japanese origami book a while ago. I just dressed it up a bit with a pretty WOJ Secret Spring kit image. Here is how to make the bookmark:



First, take a piece of patterned paper that measures 15cm x 15cm. I am using a piece of Japanese Washi paper. It's about 5-7/8" x 5-7/8", it would be perfectly fine if you want to use a piece of patterned paper that measures 6" x 6".



Fold the piece of paper in half.


Than fold it in half again.


Now you have a little square, fold it one more time diagonally to form a triangle. You don't have to press it really hard, all you need is a fold line.


Open the triangle up.


Separate the top layer from the rest on the loose side.


Fold the rest of the layers into the space in between the top layer and the rest of the layers along the folded line.


And this is what you get! A very simple corner bookmark. 


Here is the back of the bookmark.


You can use it as is if you used a pretty piece of paper, but I decided that I would dress it up with the adorable girl image from the soon to be released Spring Secret Kit - Love Bug Collection. You will be able to get these stamps at the Whiff of Joy Store starting March 1st. =)



Here is the bookmarks in use.


Hope you will give this a try!

Thanks for stopping by!

hugs,
alice

14 comments :

  1. hiya sweetie
    thank you so much for this great tutorial hunni
    it looks so easy, i'll give it a go when my graftroom is ready
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci pour cette originalité. Bise

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this clear and very nice tutorial, Alice!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowwwww... me encantaron, debo hacer un par de marcadores para el día de la enfermera, falta mucho, pero son varias las que trabajan conmigo.... me llevo la idea, gracias por compartirla, cariños y linda semana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwwww... me encantaron, debo hacer un par de marcadores para el día de la enfermera, falta mucho, pero son varias las que trabajan conmigo.... me llevo la idea, gracias por compartirla, cariños y linda semana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these bookmarks......will have to make some....thank you for your tutorial......love the new stamp....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love this idea I need a bookmark so I will definately give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever, Alice! I've see tutorials before, but yours is the clearest and easiest to follow! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super tutorial Alice, this looks great and Im really looking forward to having a go also!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super tutorial Alice, this looks great and Im really looking forward to having a go also!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. I think I'll be making some of these. Thanks. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These bookmarks are lovely. Thank you for this great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Прелесть! Спасибо за идею! Таких закладок я еще не встречала!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...