Monday, February 28, 2011

Colouring with distress ink- by Janne



Here is my first turtorial for WoJ.

First some facts:

Paper; 300g Canson aquarelle

Bruches ; Springer 0, Panduro size 0 and Italeri size 000

Ink pad; Archival Ink, Jet Black
When I colour I move the paintbrush in small circles. I wipe of some of the water, it must not be to wet.



I always starts colouring the face.

At first I use Vintage photo. I start colouring where it is naturally shaddows, and always along the edge of the face.
Yes, the image is up side down. It`s because I always turn the paper when I do my colouring.


Now I have coloured the face, hands and ears. The I will do it all over again but with the colour ; Tattered rose.



In the cheek I use a mix of Aged Mahogany and Tattered rose

Then I change my paintbrush to Italeri size 000

And then I start with Nora`s hair. I use antique linen. I use it on all of her hair.



Look at the arrow;
I start with Walnut stain in the shaddow area. (This picture is a bit yellow. I blame it on my camera, it`s not that good.)



I continue with walnut stain under her hat, under her ears and cheeks.

I desided that her clothes would be purple; Dusty concord

The hat is finished.

Her eyes are coloured with Stormy sky


Her clothes; I starts under her arms
I used the same colour on her boots

When the image is finished I start colouring some shaddow. I use Black soot.

I start on her hat and use the colour where the shaddow normally is.

Then I colour under her hat,under her cheeks,on her shoulders, under her armes, and some colour on her boots. (Sorry about the yellow picture )


Then I change my brush again and starts making shaddow around her. I use a softer and bigger brush. The colour is Weathered wood.

Under her boots I used Pumice Stone and then the image is finished♥


Here in Norway we have winter holiday so mabye I will have time for some skiing.

Have a nice week.♥

14 comments :

  1. Hi Janne
    Thanks for sharing this tutorial. I will add to a post on my blog with the same theme -Colouring with Distress Ink.
    -Sony
    Sonia-Studio60

    http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-coloring-with-distress-ink.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring. Thank you so much for the tutorial. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very pretty ! love it ! thanks for the tips !
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful tutorial Janne!!♥ Great tips and easy to follow!
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... your coloring is SO stunning Janne. Love it!

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


    Free Digital Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouw this is really great. I will try this some time.
    Thank you and have a great holiday!

    Greetings,
    Katja (The Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful colouring. I find that i have real trouble blending out the lines. any tips????
    x laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura
    Thanks for your comment.
    Blending out the lines can be really difficult. You have to work fast, so the ink dosen`t dry. Wipe your brush and add more water. Then you move your brush in circles at the line.
    Maybe this can help you.♥
    Practice make perfect...♥♥
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muchas gracias , hermoso el tutorial me gusto mucho el color. saludos Maria Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this wonderful technique! Your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very helpful. I enjoy distressing with Tim Holtz inks. This gives me new ideas. You're a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much for sharing this interesting tut.
    She is very pretty ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...