Hello Everyone! I hope you're having a fabulous week. It's me - Michaela - the Guest Designer.
I am going to show you today how to make a lovely Holiday Banner.
Making a banner involves many different steps, so, please, bear with me.
You will need:
* Letters (spelling anything you wish - I chose MERRY CHRISTMAS)
- VersaMark, Embossing Powder & Heat tool
* Designer paper
* Circle dies or punches
* Crepe paper strips
* Needle & thread
* Hole punch
* Glue tape
* Colored Whiff of Joy Images & other embellishments (flowers, bows, etc. ...)
We will need to get from our basic supplies to the "almost done" supplies.
1. First I prepared my letters - I used plain cardboard chip letters and I embossed them with golden embossing powder.
2. My next step was to prepare the base for the letters. I die cut scalloped circles from my cardstock - 14 pieces - because there are 14 letters in "Merry Christmas" and basic circles from the designer paper.
3. I attached the designer paper circles to the cardstock scalloped circles.
4. Next I attached my embossed Letters -paying attention to the direction of my design. Just so it matches when it hangs :)
... to the crepe paper.
5. To prepare the crape paper - I took the crepe paper strips and gather them together using needle and thread.
6. In the end forming a little fan. When you make those, make sure to tie a knot, so it doesn't brake.
7. Glue the ends together forming a little circle. That will be our crepe base.
9. Then it was time to make the base for the Crepe Paper Fan Circle. I cut triangles from the green cardstock and 1/2 inch smaller triangle from the designer paper. I attached them together.
10. Next I attached the Letter base and the images to my triangles.
11. Time to hang those triangles on our ribbon. I hole punched a hole for the ribbon and ...
... slide the triangles (in the right order) on the ribbon.
You can embellish the final banner with flowers, bows, etc.
and voila! You're done! (you can click the pictures for a better view.)
To see the detailed pictures of the Whiff of Joy stamps I used, you can visit my blog at CardHeaven later today.
And, of course, this banner is very versatile - you can make any kind you wish - Christmas, Halloween, New Year, Birthday, New Baby - Baby Shower, Wedding ...