Tuesday, September 21, 2010

One Sheet Wonder Treat Box

Hello Everyone!!!  My name is Erin and I have a fun little project for you today!!  I first found the directions for a one sheet wonder box on Splitcoast Stampers.  After making quite a few boxes, I found a few little changes to make the project even easier!!!  The box itself requires NO cutting, NO adhesive and just 4 score lines!!!
So follow me through the tutorial and you'll be on your way!!  This is my first tutorial EVER so I hope it makes sense!!
Items you'll need.......
one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock for the base
score-pal or other scoring tool
Hole punch
Eyelet setter
Papers, images and sentiment to decorate box
Embellishments to finish box
Jumbo eyelets and ribbon to close box.

Step 1:  Score your cardstock on the short side at 2 1/2" and 6".

Step 2: Score your cardstock on the long side  at 4 1/2" and 6 1/2".

Step 3: Fold along creases a few times.

Step 4: Fold the small edge of the horizontal crease up to the vertical crease.  It will make a diagonal line in the cardstock.

Step 5: Repeat on all sides of the card stock.

Step 6: Create the box by following the score lines, then release box.

Step 7: Decorate the front of the box as desired.  Be sure to leave room for the jumbo eyelet in the top center.

Step 8: Re-create box and hold upper edges together.

Step 9: Using your hole punch, punch through ALL layers of card stock.

Step 10: Add jumbo eyelets to the front and the back of the box.

Step 11:  Tie box closed using ribbon.

Step 12:  Finish box with any additional embellishments.

Then just fill and enjoy!!!!!

I used A little bit of magic might help which is currently on sale at the Whiff of Joy store.    

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!  Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Erin

5 comments :

  1. What a fabulous tutorial! You can use this box for soooo many things - wow - thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us Erin!
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very nice! I think I'll give it a try, even if I don't have a score pal. So I have to work it out in cm. When I succeed, I will post in on my blog...
    Greetings Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your easy peasy TUT! Looks easy enough for even me to try it! LOL
    Thanks a bunch!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm gonna try this : ) Excellent tutorial Erin!!!
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. erin I luved this box so much the day I saw tutorial. thanks fpr showing us. here is the box I made using ur tutorial.
    http://craftydoctor.blogspot.com/2010/09/gift-box-with-colored-tilda.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...