Sunday, September 19, 2010

Christmas Recycling

Good Morning!
I hope you are all having a fab weekend. My name is Debbie and I am going to show you how to make this Christmas hanging ornament from.............. wait for it.......................... a Toilet Roll!!!
I have decorated with the gorgeous stamps from WOJ's September Stamp Kit-Christmas Blessings


This is the back.

OK this is what I used:
1 Empty Toilet Roll, 2 pieces of Christmas papers, Snowflake Charms and bells and Vintage Photo Distress ink.
Firstly, with a good PVA glue, cover the whole toilet roll and wrap your Christmas paper around.

Once dry cut into six 1/2 inch sections like above picture. These are the petals.

Glue around the edges of each petal and place onto the back of your other chosen paper and allow to dry. Once dry, cut around carefully and repeat on other side so both sides are covered.

When all segments are dry and cut out, I then roughed the edges with my scissors and distressed with Vintage Photo Distress ink.

Carefully glue together with a strong glue. Decorate with chosen stamped images on both sides and add embellishments etc.. and it should look something like this.


I hope you enjoyed this Tutorial and I would love to see what you come up with.
Thankyou for looking

28 comments :

  1. Oh wow, what a great idea! Thanks for this great ws.

    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's absolutly gorgeous
    thanks debbie for sharing this
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have guessed what you used...great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, and no one would ever guess it is from a loo roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oww i love this and its a great idea to make with my kids,,,thanks debbie..Love Peet

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW this is absolutly GOR-GE-OUS

    Verry nice to hang in my tree or as à gift
    Wonderful!!!!

    Thanks for sharing
    with us:)

    Hugs Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so lovely Thanks so much. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...blinking gorgeous, will have to have a go at this. Thanks for the tut.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. waouhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    super TOP
    merciiiiiiiii
    md

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing idea. I like this.
    My children and i will test it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! Debbie this is just brilliant what a fab idea!!

    Love it and thanks for sharing Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great idea for using toiletrolls! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just the perfect christmas gift. Thank you so much for sharing Debbie! It's lovely.
    Hugs Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is fantastic. I've got a bag full of empty toilet rolls that were to be made into mini books but now I think I'll have to do these instead!!
    Thanks so much for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wahou !
    L'idée est Géniale et le résultat Magnifique !!!
    Bravo
    bizz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your ornament is gorgeous! I would never have thought it began life as a tp roll. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie this is beautiful, fantastic idea and one that I've squirelled away :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a great tutorial i am thrilled with the results and nobody believes it came from a toilet roll have posted my creation on my blog http://suescraftycardmaking.blogspot.com/
    also on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/?sk=media#!/album.php?id=645057523&aid=316586
    sorry i do not know how to upload direct to your blog luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it!!!
    What a great idea:-))
    Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...