Saturday, August 7, 2010

Copic Airbrushing

Hi! This is Jeanette and I am back as promised with a short video on copic airbrushing. If you would like to see the video on how I masked all my images together, you can scroll down one post or just click ~here~.
When I first started airbrushing, I used the starter kit that came with the Air Grip, Air Adaptor, Air Hose, Air Can 80, and Air Can Holder. I fell in love with the look and the ease of airbrushing but I very quickly ran out of air from the can! I purchased more and they quickly emptied too! I took the plunge and invested in a compressor. Although pricey, I do not regret my decision.
So now I use the Sparmax AC –101 Windstorm Air Compressor. The Air Grip and the Air Adaptor work perfectly with it and now…………AIR is free!

A few tips when you airbrush:
  • The air grip is made to work with Sketch markers although I hear that you can rig it to work with the Ciaos. I am not sure how.
  • Insert the chisel edge into the grip so that the longer point is up at the top.
  • The ink will spray a little ahead of where you point, so always start on a piece of scrap paper and move your nozzle over to your project. This way you will have an idea of where it is spraying.
  • Maintain a constant pressure on the air grip. If you don’t you will get spatters and blobs as you airbrush…this can be a great look but sometimes not the look you were aiming for.
  • I set my pressure gauge on the compresser between 40-50 PSI. This gives me the perfect spray.
Here is my video:
and here is the finished card:
Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 138




  • Stamps: Whiff of Jo: Sailor Willow, Sitting Sailor Oakley, Beach Chair
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: SU! Whisper White, Baja Breeze, DP Websters Pages
  • Coloring: Copic Markers
  • Tools: SU! Punches, Cuttlebug die for the corners Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions just let me know! I will do my best to answer you!
  • 4 comments :

    1. Thanks for the tutorial! I picked up the air brush kit a few months back but have not yet given it a try. Now I think I might be brave enough after seeing your video!

      ReplyDelete
    2. What a beautiful card and great tutorial! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you for your tutorial. I also bought the kit a few months ago and haven't tried it yet. You make it look so easy - I must give it a try now :o)
      Love your very pretty card!
      Hugs, Candy

      ReplyDelete
    4. Many jewelers have personnel links jewellery on staff that is able to create a unique piece of jewelry to your specifications, links of london bracelet sale and if there are no personnel that can accomplish this task, links of london charms sale they can order it specially made for you. Not only do you have links of london womens watches the option of making this piece exactly the way you want it links of london rings sale to look, but no one will have one exactly like it. links of london necklaces sale Unique diamond jewelry does not have to be gaudy, but many people think gaudy is gorgeous.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...