Thursday, April 15, 2010

Criss-Cross Pocket Card Tutorial by Jeanette

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by today. My name is Jeanette and today I have a little video tutorial for you. In it I show you how to make this criss-cross pocket card.  With this style of card the variations are numerous. You can change up the look just by changing embellishments or your image placement! I was inspired by the gorgeous images in the April Stamp kit: 1001 Nights or Scheherazade. I hope you will be inspired to create one too.
Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 129
Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 128
I have to apologize for the poor picture quality. I had the recorder at the wrong setting. Lesson learned for the next one!
Supply List:
  • Stamps (the ones I used can be found -->here<-- at the WOJ online store
  • Embellishments of your choice
  • Ruler
  • Craft knife
  • Strong adhesive (I used Scor-pal tape and SU! tape runner)
  • Scor-Pal (optional)
  • 12 x 12” piece of cardstock (color “A”)
  • 5.5 x 5.5” piece of cardstock (color “A”)
  • 5.75 x 5.75” piece of cardstock (color “B”)
  • 5.25 x 5.25” piece of cardstock (color “B”)
  • 5.5 x 5.5” piece of cardstock (color “C”)
  • 5.5 x 5.5” piece of designer paper #1
  • 5.5 x 5.5” piece of designer paper #2 (if you want both criss-cross panels to be the same; you do not need this second one)
Have a great day and I hope this was useful to you!

15 comments :

  1. OH FREAKIN AWSOME I'VE HAVE SPENT LIKE FOUR HOURS+ LOOKING FOR A TUTORIAL ON THIS PROJECT!!PHEW THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this awesome tutorial..I always wanted to make one of these but never understood how. This is fabulous, and so isnt your card..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. geweldig kaartje zeg leuk zo weer met die stempel erop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the interesting workshop
    Antjexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you have done and the Tutorial is awesome. I have sat an made one this afernoon but I have used te Criss Cross card as the 'Envelope also', I'm going to put it on my blog now. So Thank you, it was fun and a very clear Tutorial.
    hugs
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job! Thanks for a great tutorial! :) Love the DP too - whose is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial!
    I got so inspirated that I made my own sample if you wanna see:

    http://hobby-for-sjelen.blogspot.com/2010/04/prairie-fairy.html

    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tutorial Jeanette...so helpful...and your finished card is beautiful :-D
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gran tutorial Jeanette, gracias por compartirlo, es como tener una profesora particular.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great tutorial! TFS!
    Love your finished card,absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just toooo cool. Thank you for sharing. I'm new to the card making family. And I have yet to see a craft knife like the one you used were can I get one? (askbgb@aol.com) I can't wait to do a card like this. I think I have found my Mom's Mothers Day card. Thank You again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently discovered your site here and have been enjoying all the wonderful ideas. Great video today, Jeanette!
    Thanks.
    juno
    xx
    Juno's Place
    Cards by Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Jeanette! I made one of your crisscross pocket cards! I loooove this idea! Thank you for posting it! Greta :-)

    Here's my card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...