Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shabby Chic Flowers

Today I am sharing how I made my Shabby Chic (sounds much better than just plain old shabby) flowers like I used on this card.
woj-eb-city-chics-1

To make the black flower I used:

Heavyweight white paper
Black dye ink
Brayer
Spellbinders Blossom Nesitibilities (but blossom type punches will work just as well)
Sanding block and/or emery board
Button or large brad for centre

shabby-flower-1


To get the white core I brayered black dye ink on to the white paper, giving a good even coverage.  However you could use any designer paper instead and miss out this part.

shabby-flower-2


Cut out three shapes using the three smallest dies in the set, don't bother embossing them



shabby-flower-4


Sand the edges of each layer to expose the white core (do this with designer paper as well)


shabby-flower-5


Crumple each layer up well.


shabby-flower-6


Open each layer out but don't straighten the shapes out too much


shabby-flower-7


Apply a strong glue in the centre of each layer - the one I use is clear drying and holds all embellishments really well.


shabby-flower-8


Using wire cutters snip off the shank of the button (you may need to sand this smooth if you don't get a clean cut)


shabby-flower-9


Apply the button to the centre, pushing down well.


shabby-flower-10


And there you have a shabby chic flower, quick and easy


shabby-flower-11


I hope this will be of use to you, and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of shabby chic flowers in blog-land.  Have a great weekend!

hugs
Bev x

19 comments :

  1. Oooooh, I love it. Thankyou. Gorgeous card as well. Bring on WOJ stamps.

    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Bev! This looks like something even I can do - lol! TFS!
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog. Great tutorials, so easy to follow. Thankyou. The card is so beautiful. The stamp is georgeous. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these flowers. Don't have nesties, but will try with punchouts. Thanks for this Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. grat flowers, thanks for the gorgeous tutorial.
    Hugs Babsi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower! I'll sure be doing lots of these! Thanks for a great tutorial! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing Bev. I was on the fence on getting this set but saw you were going to do a tutorial and they were 40% off so I did. I have a hint for anyone using buttons with shanks. After cutting off the shank, use some sort of grinder to remove the rest (hold the button with a pliers or something) I either use our big table grinder or I received a cordless Dremmel for Christmas I can use now too. Now all those buttons will lay flat when I want to use them. Again thanks for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did love this flower when I saw it well in fact the whole card was gorgeous thanks for the tutorial.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adore this card. The colour combination you've used works so well. I'll be following you from now on, x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi bev, thanks for the tutorial will take a print of it and have a go love bluebell x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bev these are fabulous and it looks achieveable. Your card is stunning by the way. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial! Love to try this one out some day! Thanks for sharing, Bev.
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. wunderschöne blumen und die karte sieht richtig klasse aus, toll, das mädel hat das kleine schwarze an *giggle*
    lg
    sanny

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! fabulous flower, Bev! thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tutorial- will give it a go- and will be going through the button box!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bev,
    love the tutorial:)
    i already created this one some
    years ago, never tought of making it à tutorial;)
    Nice you did!!!
    digihugs
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  17. your card is beautiful. As they alway are. love the flowers. thanks for sharing how you made them. What is the background you used?? That just pops out, I just love it never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello I too had done the flowers but instead of rubbing them I wet the edges with water with a brush. I love this flower. You can see it here:
    http://scripposcrappo.blogspot.com/2010/01/lo-ol-per-scrapbookingfreedom.html
    I love your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...