Friday, December 18, 2009

Paper Flower Tutorial

Hi there, my name is Michele Roos and I'm a Guest Designer for Whiff of Joy. Today I'd like to show you how to make a fabulous paper flower. The flower I'm going to show you how to make are perfect for adding that finishing touch to cards, gift boxes/bags, etc.....
image
Above you will see the items that you will need to make these flowers. For my tutorial I've used the Spellbinders Peony die but any kind of flower shape will be just as good. I've used the four smallest dies for this tutorial and for each die I've cut out four flower shapes in the different sizes.
image
On each flower, cut down the petals to open them up more. In the picture I've tried to show you roughly where to cut.
image
Now on one side of the petals curl them inwards. (This is where thin tweezers come in handy)
image
On the wrong side of the flower, curl each petal inwards. Now the flowers should look like the above picture.
image
On each flower gently emboss the centre with the embossing pen using small circular motions, until they resemble the above picture. When all of the flowers have been embossed this is where the fun begins.
Starting with the largest of the flowers, place glue in the centre of each flower and start layering them. Keep doing this until you've used all the flower petals up.
image
When you've completed all the layers, you can now add a bit of sparkle to your flower if you want. I've used Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist on my flower. And here's what the flower looks like on this 4 drawer box that I've made using the gorgeous Willow Holding Christmas Candle from Whiff of Joy.
dscf7548
I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and thanks for stopping by
Hugs Michele x

15 comments :

  1. How nice thanks for sharing.

    Gr,Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS flower!! Have always admired them on your blog!! Thank you for the tutorial!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your flowers Michele. Thank you so much for sharing again. xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle ,

    just love this tutorial:)
    thx for sharing with us!

    Hugs
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle ,

    just love this tutorial:)
    thx for sharing with us!

    Hugs
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen paper flowers, but this one is the best! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial - Thank you for taking the time to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial and what a gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Felicidades, este tutorial es util y muy creativo, me encanta, me gustan las flores hechas por mí y si hago alguna con este tutorial, desde luego, citare la fuente de la misma.
    Gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely stunning Michele, your flowers are always amazing
    will definitely give this one a try
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your flower tutorial. I used it on a gift I just finished and will be posting photos of after the holidays. The peony on the front of it really just made all the difference in the presentation and was just what it needed. So really, thank you very, very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial and what a gorgeous flower.thank,s for great shearing. flowers to Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...