Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wednesday Die-Light - a spring-ish card



Hello everyone!
This is Kathrin here today with another Wednesday Die-Light card. And you already know that this means there are no stamped images on this card, just the Die-Lights. 


So, this is the card that I came up with...
Love how it turned out with those mainly blue and white colors and the soft touch.

I put the butterfly in the focus here and added some designer's paper underneath that has a "real sky" print. Can you see the butterfly fluttering around in the summer sun?
I also had to use white Crackling Paint again, this changes the look of a card so much, even if it's not much I added.
Since I wanted to do no stamping on the card I used the Moment Pocket Page Die-Light to have some text on my card. 
And since there is sky I also had to add a die-cut cloud.
Usually I don't use that many flowers on a card but to keep the balance from the size of the butterfly I had to add more. Doesn't it look like it just flew away after sitting on the flowers for a while? Underneath the flowers I also added some flourishes.


I cut 3 butterflies - the top layer is made from vellum, then I added the plain butterfly cut from light blue glitter paper underneath and then traced the shape of the Die-Light to get a bigger butterfly from the light green paper. Between the green and the glimmer paper I added antennas from thin wire and at the end I added silver Stickles to the body.

And these are all the products I used:


Thank you for stopping by today - I  hope there is some spring sun today wherever you are. And maybe you'll see a butterfly as well...


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...