I do not use a sewing machine for my stitching. All my stitching is done by hand.
It was only logical for me that I used this subject for my very first tutorial.
I hope you all have fun and I see lots of stitchting in the future on your cards.
1. What do you need ?
Tim Holtz ruler and craft pick.
Needle and yarn
2. Place the paper on the cushing foam and make sure the ruler is in the middle of the paper and along the paper like the picture below:
3. Take the picking tool and pinch it in the first hole of the ruler and pinch through the paper:
Then pinch along the line; I pinch every hole in the ruler,but for bigger stitches, pinch every 2 or more holes.
4. Repeat step 1-3 on every side, when all sides are done, this is how the paper looks like now:
5. Now the fun part starts, the stitching.I use double thread off sewing machine yearn and attach it to the needle.
Then you insert the needle in the first hole like this:
Then into the second hole:
Take the needle into the loop to secure the thread:
Stitch all the borders, at the end, toss the needle a couple of times around the stitched path to secure
Pull the needle through and cut the excessive thread off.
6. This is how the paper looks at the end, repeat step 1-5 on every paper you use on your project.
And this is my card with the above papers: