Friday, November 9, 2012

Handmade embellishments

Goodmorning dear readers! Today I (Ingrid) may show you a new tutorial. I made a card with a few handmade embellishments. I hope you like the result.
I took the beautiful leaves trio die from last months release and cut them out of my patterned paper. After that I put a little glue from my Pritt roller on the back and attached them on craft cardstock. I sewed them with my sewing machine and cut them out with a scissor in such a way that you do not see the craft cardstock on the front outside the leaves.
 I also cut one of the "cute heart's" out of dessin paper. I stamped on it with a text stamp. With this heart I did the same thing as with the leaves, but this time I used sackcloth in stead of craft cardstock. When all shapes were cut out I inked the edges with Distress Ink Vintage Photo.
I took a piece of fabric that measures 2 by 15 cm and lace up one long side. Tighten thread and you have a flower!
The last decoration I made with Whiff of Joy satin ribbon. I took a piece of cardstock that was narrower than the ribbon and put glue on it with my Pritt roller (or double sided tape). Attach the ribbon overlapping to the piece of cardstock. To give it a finishing touch I also sewed it.
Here you see a detail picture.
I hope you like my little tutorial on handmade embellishments. More details about the coloring can be found on my own blog. Till next time!


Used materials:

8 comments :

  1. great work ingrid..i wish i could work with the sewingmachine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piękna kartka. A kursik z naszywaniem doskonały. Pozdrawiam cieplutko Aśka:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waw i love your card and the embellishments are gorgeous. Thank you fro sharing. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yepyep, I love the result!
    Some great tips! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. leuke tips met prachtig resultaat, Ingrid!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! gr8 ideas for embellishments ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Ingrid, all that detail love it hugs Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting the way you do all the embellishments.
    Thanks a lot!
    Hugs!

    Esperanza

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...