Friday, August 10, 2012

Designer Spotlight ~ Jane Johnson

Whiff of Joy is lucky to have such a talented and diverse Design Team. Not only do we hail from different countries around the world, we all have different styles! It makes for tons of inspiration and fun! One thing we do all have in common is a love for all things Whiff of Joy!

This is our fifth spotlight in the series. To view the series, please click ~here~

Designer Spotlight ~ Jane Johnson

Jane Johnson

 

Her blog: Jane’s Lovely Cards

Jane is a stay at home Mum to two sweet children. She represents the UK on our team and is also the coordinator of our Whiff of Joy Challenge blog. She has been with us for several years and is a tremendously talented crafter and a lovely, lovely person :) Her colorations are perfection and her cards are always inspirational!

Here are her answers to my questions:

1. How long have you been stamping and how did you get started?

I have been stamping since February 2009. I bought a card making kit at my local garden centre saying to my husband "this will save lots of money buying cards and give me something to do too" lol - little did I know that it would do the complete opposite of save us money lol!!!


2. What is it about Whiff of Joy Stamps that drew you to joining the Design Team?

I love how Whiff of Joy has such a variety of images, from cute to elegant and sentiments in gorgeous fonts too!

Copy_of_P1130681~0.JPG

3. How would you describe your style?

Oh, this is a tough question. I don't think I really have a style as I try to create a card that suites the image I'm using at the time so I end up with a lot of varying styles of cards. I do like to have distressed edges on almost all of them though!

4. Whom or what do you draw inspiration from?

The image I'm using mostly but also from visiting lots of gorgeous blogs!

5. Time to confess. Are you a messy crafter or a super neat one?

I'm afraid to say I'm a very messy crafter. I have a great big desk and always end up with a 7" square space to work on surrounded by piles of things. Every so often it gets to me though and I have a big tidy up but it usually only lasts about a week!

6. What is one of your all-time favorite color combos?

Chocolate, teal and cream is probably my all time favourite, although as the seasons change I tend to get a new all-time favourite!

7. What is your preferred coloring medium? Copics, Prismacolor pencils, Distress Inks, H20s?

My preferred medium by far is Copics but I also dabble with distress inks and Prismacolor pencils.

8. What are some of your favorite tools? The ones that you use every day and couldn't live without?

My number one favourite tool is my lovely Vagabond machine, then my glue gun, also distress inks, copics and lace, I love lace!

9. What is your favorite Whiff of Joy metal die?

The sweet tag with hearts die is my absolute favourite!

10. Finally, if you were a Whiff of Joy stamp, which one would you be?

Melinda with Muffin Basket, I love her clothes and hair and I am always baking muffins too lol!

Melinda with Muffin Basket**edited to add that this stamp is unfortunately out of stock **

Thanks so much Jane for answering all my questions and for the loads and loads of inspiration you bring to the team!

I hope you have enjoyed getting to know lovely Jane!

Thanks for stopping by. More spotlights are on their way so stay tuned :)
Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...