Sunday, August 26, 2012

back 2 school

Hello everyone!
It's Kathrin here - back from holidays. And well, re-start of school is just around the corner...

Here in Germany we have the tradition of giving the kids a school cone for their first day of school. My kids all attended school long time ago - but this year my oldest will change school and so in some way there will be a first day of school for her.
To make it match her age - she will be 18 in february - I didn't make a school cone but a large paper pencil that I will fill with a litte something for her:


 I have been eyeing with a Cameo since quite a while now and about 1 month ago I went ahead and bought it. So this pencil was cut using my Cameo and a cutting file by svgcuts.com. But there are several tutorials out there how to make one like this i. e. HERE, even if you don't have a Cameo.

I used I Love School and the saying from In Time For Class. They were included in last year's secret stamp kit but you can get all of them individually.

I wanted my pencil to look real - and I think a lot of you agree with me that a real pencil is just yellow, with the eraser at the end... I stamped some fine lines to the "wooden" part of the pencil and used a yellow Distress Ink on the edges of the pencil as well as some dark one around the eraser.
I just added a book charm and some twin as decoration.

This is what the box looks opened:



I see myself filling it with some candies and a little extra that can make a 17 year old happy...

I hope to have inspired you a bit and maybe you find the time to make your little one's first day of school a little sweeter after the holidays...

Have a great end of summer everyone!




2 comments :

  1. Hello what a nice cute present you`ve maid.
    It looks very pretty and ready for school.

    Have a nice Sunday
    grtz Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is awesome. I have to give this a try, beautiful done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...