Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tissue paper texture by Alice

Hello all! It's Alice here. I have a simple way of adding textures to your projects to share with you today. I first learned of this technique here and really liked it and here is how I make mine.




You will need:

-Tissue paper (I used white here.)
-Liquid adhesive (I used Ranger's Glue & Seal, I think any kind of liquid adhesive would work.)
-Cardstock (I used watercolor paper)
-A foam brush (for applying the liquid adhesive)
-A pair of scissors (not shown)




First, crumble up the tissue paper. 





Reopen it. I didn't flatten it out too much since the folds gives the texture we are looking for here.





Coat card stock with a thin layer of liquid adhesive.





Press the crumbled tissue paper over the card stock. Let dry.





Trim off the excess tissue paper.





Here you have a piece of card stock with some textures on it. 


You can stamp over it or ink it. Here is what I made with my piece:


I cut a tag out of it and inked the whole piece with Milled Lavender and Aged Mahogany distress inks to match my colored Huge Love. The sentiment is from the General Sayings II set.

This is a very easy and fun technique, hope you will give it a try! =)

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a lovely day!

hugs,
alice

15 comments :

  1. WoW Alice,

    Never seen this before,
    it's fabulous and I love it!!
    TFS
    Sonja x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, thanks for sharing this.
    Haven't seen this done before, will now know what to do with all the tissue paper I've got.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great idea - thanks for show us.
    LG
    Helga

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good tip, thanks so much for sharing.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww this is gorgeous !!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a lovely tag.
    Thank you for this tutorial.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merci beaucoup pour cette nouvelle technique et ce partage. Bonne continuation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a bunch for the tut. Will be adding it to my "book of tricks".

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really a good trick I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool idea!

    thanx a lot for this workshop!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea!!!! I've not seen this before... I hope it works with modge podge....will have to try it....thank you so much....

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg Alice this is stunning times ten!!!!!!!!! Love this tutorial and the end result is absolutely amazing!!!!!! You are one talented chickadee. Big Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tutorial! Now I know what to do with my tissue paper instead of throwing it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...