Friday, May 27, 2011

Inked sky by Alice

Hi all! Alice here to share a quick way to create sky/clouds on your image. Here is a look of the finished image. I used the super sweet Friends Forever - Nora and Ben for my sample.


Here is how I created the sky on the image:




You will need:
  • Stamped image. I colored and die cut mine, but you can do this either before or after coloring. I chose not to mask my image, but you can mask yours if you are afraid to get too much ink on the colored image.
  • A sheet of plain printer paper.
  • A pair of scissors.
  • A pencil.
  • Ink and ink applicator.




First, hand draw a few rows of scallops/cloud shapes on the printer paper. I drew four different ones here.





Cut the scallops out. I ended up cutting out only three of them and decided to ignore one of the hand-drawn pattern and free hand cut it instead.





Lay a scallop strip over your stamped image. I always start at the top of my image.





Start applying ink. I decided not to mask my image and just start with very light hands. You can lift the scallop strip up and see of there is enough ink and add more ink if desired.





Keep moving your scallop strip or switch to a different strip for a varied look as you move down to your image.





Here is a finished image. I had inks on Ben's hand, but it was light and I decided to ignore it. =) You can use your cut out scallops/cloud shapes over and over again.



Here is a look of the finished card. The sentiment is from the General Sayings II set. I added shadow after inking the sky/clouds.

Hope you will give this a try. Thanks for stopping by! =)

hugs,
alice

22 comments :

  1. Wonderful tutorial, Alice! Your sky looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci pour ce superbe tutorial. Bon week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alice, this is amazing! I love your clouds and the background paper. Beautiful card. Thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea Alice, thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Dunja x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutoral Alice!! And I love how your card turned out.
    Katharina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful tutorial!!
    thanks for sharing:)

    hugs
    sonja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant tutorial, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice, your coloring and your beautiful sky are amazing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I LOVE this technique! Thank you so much for sharing it, and have a great 3-day holiday weekend!! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alice: This card is SO adorable...the way you have presented the cuties, they look like they are going to swing off the card! I love the highlights in the hair...wonderful. Also, the match of paper and the sewing up the top portion is so subtle but nice! the raised die cut looks so nice with the swing. I just find the whole card SO beautiful and your tutorial equally as wonderful. Thanks Alice...never an underwhelmed moment of satisfaction with you! Samara xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tutorial Alice.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea. The clouds look wonderful. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a simple technique - but what a great effect!!!! You are so clever Alice, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are amazing, Alice! Thanks so much for this great tutorial. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tutorial - fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've always wondered how you did that :D. I am so going to have to give this ago now. You are so sweet Alice thank you again xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tutorial thanks for shareing Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This so ROCKS, Alice! you are amazing amazing...zing zing zing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this...! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alice, your card and tutorial are wonderful!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...