Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting a bit artsy with tanjaak

Hello everyone and good evening! Here I am sitting on my couch typing this tutorial...or should I say display of artistic mess LOL. My husband and I have been building a house for us and it is finally ready...move in day was last saturday and everything is a big mess still. But anyway I had an idea of what I wanted to show you... it incorporates material from our house building project and my love of stamping. So here it is... a message board made out of a piece of timber.

So here are the materials: a piece of timber, crackle paint, watermark ink, UTEE, black embossing powder, stamps and ink... and you'll also need a heat embossing tool.


First I went over the edges with some crackle paint.


Then it was time to stamp an image on my board. I chose a cute gnome from Norma Fickel, the image is called Delivering my heart to you. I stamped the image with watermark ink and covered with black embossing powder. Then heated with a heating tool.


Now next I added some UTEE. I added watermark ink randomly staright form the ink pad and sprinkled some UTEE over it. Heating proved a bit difficult as the UTEE didn't really want to stick to the board.


After heating the UTEE I kept adding stuff to mix...added more crackle paint and black embossing powder and of course UTEE and also satmped a sentiment with brown ink that is showing only a little bit. I also added a clip for some papers.



Thanks for looking!

xxxTanja

1 comment :

  1. A beautiful project. I love to use stamps for projects like this one and thinking outside of the box.

    One tip for using UTEE though. The embossing gun you use is the problem. It produces too much "wind" so to speak and that's why the UTEE won't properly stick to the Versamark.
    The Tim Holtz Heating Tool is perfect for UTEE. It's not only really, really silent compared to the regular embossing guns, it also produces hardly any wind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...