Friday, February 18, 2011

Fabric Flower Tutorial by Michele Roos

Hi there everyone and hope that you're all keeping well. I haven't done a flower tutorial for such a long time that I thought that today I'd share how to make this one for you all.


List of supplies needed are as follows:-



Nylon material or something equivalant
Flower die (I've used the flower layers from Sizzix)
Clear drying glue
Sharp scissors
Leaf die (I've used the Leaves die from Whiff of Joy)
Tealight candle & matches


Step 1 - cut 4 medium and 1 small sized flower shapes using the nylon material. Now with the sharp scissors cut into each petal to open them up a bit more.

Step 2 (MIND YOUR FINGERS)- Light the tealight candle and one at a time using tweezers hold one of the flowers above the candle quite high up. Now slowly start to bring the flower closer to the candle and as soon as the petals start to curl up, quickly remove the flower otherwise it will curl up too much or burn. Do this with each of the flowers till they resemble the picture below.


Step 3 - Now take one of the larger flowers and pop a bit of glue in the centre.



Step 4 - Place one of the large flowers on top of the previous flower and push down slightly, then pop a bit of glue in the centre of this one.


Step 5 - keep layering the flowers ending with the smallest.


Step 6 - Pop a bit of glue into the centre and carefully place some beads/pearls. Put to one side to let it dry.


Step 7 - Next I'm going to colour the leaf shape using my Pine ProMarker.


Step 8 - To make the leaves a bit more lifelike, I've folded some of the leaves in the centre (see picture below for reference)


Step 9 - Then I've folded the leaves the other way. At the bottom of the leaf dab a little bit of glue and carefully place your flower on top. Put to oneside to let it dry thoroughly.


And here is the flower again on my card


I hope that you've enjoyed my tutorial and has given you some ideas on how to create fabric flowers.

Hugs Michele xxx

18 comments :

  1. Bellisima la tarjeta, gracias por el tutorial. saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très jolie carte et superbe fleur! Mais quand tu parles de nylon c'est quoi comme matière, rigide ou souple?? Et cela ressemble à du tissu ou non?? Bises. Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful totorial. I'm going to have a go at it, need to buy some material first.
    Thank you for sharing
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Прекрасно,нежно цвете!Благодаря за споделената идея!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are gorgeousm, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gio,

    This is just fabulous!!
    And not to difficult ( I think ;). )

    Thanks fort your tuto.

    Hugs Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  7. The finished project is stunning, and such a clear tute makes it look easy to have a go myself, thanks. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Michele I mixed names :(

    Have yourself a wonderful weekend!!
    Sonja xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks fab I need a trip to the haberdashery dept now

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH!!! I need to go to the fabric store!!! You make this look so easy. Your flower turned out beautiful!!! Thanks for the tutorial.

    Debbie B

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great tut, Michele! Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool Michele! Would this work with your heat tool? I've used it to crinkle nylon ribbon.
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnifique, merci pour le tuto, la carte est superbe.
    MAPY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the tutorial, you make it sound so easy - I am going to give this a try. Your card is gorgeous and I love how your rose looks. I always have material here so if I can find my die I am going to cut flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my word those are gorgeous !!!! I think you've started a mad dash to all our local fabric stores. I might even give it a try on a pair of nylon panties that I just washed & noticed have torn elastic. I was going to throw them away but Hey they're clean & what better way to recycle ...LOL ...
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love it & will definitely try it myself. Beautiful!
    TFS
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. amazing flowers, love the,
    What kind of material did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...