Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Circle Album card by Jane Johnson


Today I'd like to show you how to create this circle album card that folds up into a quarter circle for posting! I have seen a few of these around in various shapes but couldn't find a tutorial so when I figured out how to make one I thought I'd share it with you all! You can use this as a special card with stamped images like I have or even as a photo album to give to someone as a gift.

YOU WILL NEED:
4 pieces of 12" x 12" cardstock
13 pieces of 6" x 6" paper
ribbon
brads
your choice of decorations and images


1.

Draw around a large dinner plate on each of the 12"x12" pieces of cardstock.

2.

Cut each one out giving you four large circles.

3.

Fold each circle exactly in half as shown.
4.


Open out the circle and fold in half again making sure that your previous fold lines match up to create a fold at right angles to the first one.
5.
Open out again and cut from the centre along one of the fold lines.
6.
Your circles should then look like this.
7.
Take the cut edge and place it along the third fold away from it to create a fold in between two existing folds as shown.
8.
The circle will then look like the photo above. Add glue to the section shown above. NB glue is required rather than taped as you need some manouverability!
9.
The glued section should be glued to the section next to it to create the shape shown above. Repeat this for all of the circles.
10.
Now glue them all together as shown above. Do not glue the final two sides together - these create the front and back of the card album when it is closed!

11.
To cut papers to fit with a margin of cardstock place your chosen paper inside the folded card as shown with a margin to the left and bottom and draw around the curve......


......cut the paper just inside the drawn curve as shown. Your paper will then have a margin all the way around when glued to the cardstock sections.


12.
You will need to attach ribbon to the outside front and inside back of the card. For extra strength when tieing and untieing the ribbon I have attached them with brads. This is the ribbon attached to the front of the card........


..........and this one attached to the back of the card but on the inside.


13.

Now you can have fun decorating the outside and inside of your circle album!! It is best to stick to relatively flat embellishments inside so that the album can fold up neatly. You can add embellishments to the bottom sections as long as if they overlap the centre fold you only glue them to one side of the fold. That way they will fold up with the panel and not become crushed.

Here is how I have decorated one of my inside sections using the cute Ben in the Rain from the February release. All the papers are from the new paper pad too!!!

This is what the album looks like from the top when opened up for display. If you would like to see the rest of the album in detail please stop by my blog! Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and thanks for looking!


Jane x


31 comments :

  1. Fantastic - I loooooooove this Jane!!! I want to make one... or better yet.. maybe you should post me yours?
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. super idea, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Jane, my daughter and I have just been looking at how you made it and she said you are very clever, it looks gorgeous. Thank you so much for shareing with us, will have to have a go at this, I need to find some stunning papers like you have used tho. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning thanks for the tut.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really suck at scoring, measuring and folding, but I don't care...I NEED to try this! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! What an amazing circle album card. Thank you so much for this tutorial. I will try to make one by myself.

    greetings, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOW 8o

    It a great idea, love it.

    Hug
    Marushy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you come up with this stuff. This is so classy and cool and I am defo trying this one will have to bookmark it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab tutorial don't think i will make a whole album but I will use this for my friends birthday card thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous! Super Idea!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the tutorial!
    Beatiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This tutorial was made earlier: May 20th 2010 on this same blog. I know because I made a circle flip up book using this tut. Here is mine: http://yogibear1301.blogspot.com/2010/08/circle-flip-up-book.html

    You made it larger, the photo's are a real good help.
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful card i gonna try it my byself

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merveilleuse idée, je vais m'y atteler, merci.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jane,

    What a clever idea! Thank you so much for the tutorial. I think I will make one for my friends upcoming birthday. She owns a local rubber stamp store (Stamp Fanci in Pittsburgh) and I want to make her something new and different and this should do the trick! I will be sure to give you the credit.

    Thanks again,
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. c'est splendide je vais essayer de la faire
    bisous claudine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing album - I had seen it square before but this is breathtaking!!!

    Charlotta / La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jane,

    Wonderful idea,just love it!!
    And those new stamps ar so Adorable
    TFS

    Sonja x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super kursik i śliczna karteczka

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved it, was too beautiful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen this on Craft Magazine or something like that - they are from the UK.
    Your Circle album is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this is gorgeous Jane!! This must have taken you ages to create but I love every single detail!!

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my god!!! This is adorable!!!!
    Amazing tips!!! Tks!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous album, thank you for the tutorial, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I am going to give this a go. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just finished making one.. Thanks for the tutorial.. It comes truly spectacular.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whow, love it! Thanks fot sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Precioso, me encanta la idea. Gracias por las explicaciones.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...