Monday, May 24, 2010

A z-folded card by Jorunn

Today I will show you an easy way to make some variety to our cards.
It is still a 15 cm x 15 cm card base, but we add a z-shape to it, so part of the inside will show too.
It is easy and fun! 

You need:
Just regular materials;
Cardstock 14,5 cm x 30 cm 
Patterned papers 2  x 7 cm x 14 cm and 1 x 14 cm x 14 cm
Stamped images, and embellishments of your own taste
I have used images from Whiff of Joy's Stamp store kit:
Scheherazade (1001 Nights)
And colored them in with Copic Sketch markers.
***
Start with scoring your card base at 15 cm, with the structure side facing up

Fold the card on the middle, making it a regular square card, 
only the structure side is now inside the card base.
And fold half of the upperside back out... 
so now half the front is showing and half the inside is showing, 
when the card is folded... 

The card has now a z-shaped form

It is time to start decorate.
I always makes the pattern papers ready decorated before I glue them to the card base.

This time I have not much decoration on the inside pattern paper,
so I just glue this to the card base right away;

The front:
The base is 7 cm x 14 cm
And I have added some more papers and lace to it

The other inside:
This can not hold to thick embellishments or the card will not close properly 

Now glue the front and the inside on the card base too;

Add the inside panel, for the greeting to be written.
Make sure you put this so the front image will be able to hide it

Close the card and adjust the front image, so it covers the inside image



Now I am ready to add some embellishments to the card!

I have added Willow in a bottle, and used roses and gemstones too.

The outside and inside share the same decoration on the right corner,
but when it opens some more decorations will show:

And in the back I have used an accessory stamp from Whiff if Joy's Aladin Kit
along with my signature;

I hope you liked my tutorial, have a wonderful day!
***

23 comments :

  1. Wonderful idea, I think you're card is very nice.
    Thanks for showing.
    Hugs Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... looks fantastic.. thank you..
    Hugs, Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wows

    gorgeous tuto
    love this one:))
    thanks so much!!

    hugs
    sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooww beautiful :):):)

    Greetz Thea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really like this tutorial. I will save it to my favorites.
    Hugs Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous! thanks for the awesome tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooW Stunning card Jorunn!! And you describe the z-card so well. Love that you have used so many of the stamps on the card!
    Warm hugs, Camilla.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Jorunn! Thanks for the tutorial and I'll definitely be using this one!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card!!!
    Thank you for the tutorial - love the way it folds.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, thank you, I will save the tutorial
    I am going away for 11 weeks to Holland
    Hugs harma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precioso trabajo y tutorial, haré algo con tu idea. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card and thank you for the tutorial.
    My card here:
    http://kaybehybrid.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-birthday-karte.html

    Big hugs,
    Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this great tutorial.

    here is my card:

    http://narrenstempelei.blogspot.com/2010/05/hanglar-in-lila-schwarz.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. aouhhhhhhhhhhh superbe bravo md

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tutorial Jorunn! I will be trying one of these soon! Love how you embellished the back of the card too! ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hallo,

    Beautiful tutorial ! Like it !
    Thanks !
    Françoise (Belgium)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card,such a great tutorial too! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card and great tutorial! Thanks alot for the inspiration!! Could you please tell me what is the butterfly punch/die you used to create this beautiful butterfly?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super tutorial. Love the colors and the cardstock patterns. Just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that your card is very nice...i wish to save it to my favorite.Order Business Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...