Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tagcard tutorial and how to make homemade tags by Camilla

Hi! Here comes my tagcard tutorial. It is on how to make a card that you can put many tags in. I will also show a tip on how to make the tags. Hope you will like it!:)
First you have to start with a bazzill paper measuring 30x30 cm. Like the one under:
I have a pen to mark out where to fold, and a cutter which folds the paper.
I start with folding the paper like you see on the next photo:
I fold it in the middle. And when it is folded it looks like this:
I open the paper again and start to measure where to fold on the other side. The card is going to have four sides, so I therefor have to devide 30 by four. So then I fold on 7,5 cm, 15 cm, and 22,5 cm like you can see on the photo under. The fold in the middle (at 15 cm) you have to take on the opposite side of the paper, because you are going to fold it the other way.
When you are finished folding, the paper looks like this. Like a small accordian:)
It is now time to make the pockets to put the tags inside. You can cut of small parts of all four sides. And it is not nesassary to have any measurments. I have just cut of paper very randomly:) But I will show you how I did it, so you have an idea.
I first started with two sides, and cut off a bit, and then I used a borderpunch on the remaining part, so the edge looked nicer. Then I started with the two other sides. First I cut of a triangle. I then took the cut-off part and placed it on the other side, so the side would look the same -only opposite from eachother.
Like this:
You will have a better view of it later. Now I wanted to make the front and the back of the card a bit thicker and stronger. So I cut out two rectangles:
I then inked and decorated them with some gorgeous Maja Design paper.
And I also measured up some more patteren paper (30x15 cm) to have inside the card. It is a bit easier than making four parts (something you also can do, of course). I folded the pattern paper like the bazzill, and then fasten it with glue to the bazzill.
When you fold up the paper it looks like this:
Now I am going to show you how I made the tags to put inside the card.
I used some leftovers and cut them up so they will fit the pockets on the card.
You can cut them at any size you like as long as they fit the pockets. This is a great way to use all the leftovers:)
I then cut of a rectangle on one side. I just cut randomly.
I then use the cut-off rectangle to make the same on the other side.
I will decorate these two tags with some cute images:)
I now use some hours which I don't have pictures off, to decorate both four tags and the card:)
And here is what I came up with:
Here is the front.
When it was too late I saw that I should have figured out something more clever with the ribbon to hold the card together. But for this one I have just wrapped it around the card.
Under you can see the tags inside the card.
Here is the whole inside with the tags taken out.
A close up:
And the last one, the back:
I hope this made sense..:)
Have a lovely day! Hugs, Camilla.

16 comments :

  1. Wow, wow, wow what a fab tagcard Camilla! Thanks so much for this great tutorial:-D

    Inge xOx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning! what an awesome tutorial Camilla...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW stunning
    love this!!!
    thx for the tutorial:)

    Xx Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...Have to try this out..Thanks for the tutorial

    Hugs, Mirja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maravillosos como siempre tus trabajos y tutoriales, este es especialmente creativo. Gracias, lo intentaré.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful!!
    thank you for the tutorial
    Dana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing card and a clever way to use leftover paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tutorial and the card is stunning!Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just fabulous. Your coloring is amazing too!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful, Camilla! What a fabulous tag card...absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful, Camilla! What a gorgeous tag card! Thanks for such a marvelous tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Camilla!
    You take the breath out of us all.
    with your beautiful artwork.
    It is so well thought out.
    Beautiful colors and choice of motifs.
    Your painting is really beautiful and fabulous.
    Thanks for all the inspiration that you provide us all.
    Big hug to you.
    Love Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cool tutorial..
    Loving it.. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous tagcard, great idea and great tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful!!
    Thanks so much for this great tutorial:-D

    Greetz Thea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...