Sunday, May 30, 2010

Punched Flower Tutorial

I have done a quick tutorial on how to make these dahlia-type flowers.  I was playing – as you do – whilst demonstrating at one of the shows and quite liked the look of this flower. 
bevs-flower-9
Tools needed:
Large and medium Retro Flower punches
Distress Ink and applicator (my hubby made me 36 of these – a huge money saver that I could spend on more stash lol)
An embossing tool and mat (I use a piece of lino)
Pokey tool
Bone Folder

bevs-flower-1
To make the large flower punch out 2 each of the small and large flowers (I used 1 patterned paper and one plain). and ink around the edges.
bevs-flower-2
Curl each petal over a bone folder to give shape and movement to the petals
bevs-flower-4
Indent the centre of each flower and pierce a hole in the centre for the brad
bevs-flower-5
Pinch the points of each petal tightly
bevs-flower-6
Give them a good spritz with Glimmer Mist and then assemble – layer the two small flowers on top of each other (patterned paper at the top) then then layer on top of the large flowers and hold together with a brad.  Once the Glimmer Mist dries it seems to firm up the paper so the flower keeps it’s shape beautifully.  To make a small flower just use 2 layers of the small punched flower and assemble as before.
bevs-flower-7
And there you have it, a quick and easy flower that you can co-ordinate to your project using left over bits of paper.
bevs-flower-8
And an arty shot.  The image is Confirmand Melinda from Whiff of Joy
bevs-flower-10
Thanks for stopping by,
 

24 comments :

  1. great flower tutorial Bev, thanks for sharing
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for this great tutorial!
    Scrappi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super easy! I'll have to try it someday...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial Bev, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely, thank you for sharing this flower and idea with us. I just love your work Joxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic tutorial love the flowers.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these flowers Bev, will definitely have a go, just need a small retro punch.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Bev~~will be trying this flower :))
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanx Bev for this great tutorial!

    Lins x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! These are gorgeous Deb!!
    Thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, I love this Bev. Thanks for another great tutorial!!
    Katharina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Theese Flowers are GORGEOUS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mer ci beaucoup pour tous les tutos, étant débutante, cela me permet d'apprendre.
    Vos cartes sont superbes. Félicitations
    Cordialement

    ReplyDelete
  14. c'est vraiment très jolie je vais essayer merci
    biz claudine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous tutorial, Bev! Must get me some of that glimmermist! Hugs Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful flowers. I don't have 2 sizes of retro punches but I have something else... Do you think 2 different 5-petal punches will work good?

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got both of these punches and know I will be making those!!!! Beautiful!!! Thank you for taking the time to do this tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic! Great flower tutorial.
    I love your flower!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very clever Bev. I have to buy that medium punch now! Glad to see you have such an expensive piercing tool! It must be about as much as the push pin I use.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's great, nice flowers, thanks for sharing !
    Françoise (Belgium)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bev, super tutorial, smart hubby.May I borrow him?LOL!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  22. Luv it!! Thanks for sharing, Bev!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...