Friday, March 12, 2010

Easter Basket

014 Hi its Jacqui here and its my turn to try to pass on some inspiration. This is a tutorial for a very simple but effective Easter Basket, it would also make a lovely basket for Mothers Day.

003 First you need to assemble what you need for the basket,

I piece of Card 6” x 6”

I piece of card 2 “ x 8”

8 pieces matching Backing Paper 1.7/8” square

An Edge Punch

Glue, 2 Brads, Whiff of Joy image of your choice

004 Score the piece of 6” sq card 2” in from each of the four sides, cut along the solid lines and crease along the dotted lines

006 You should end up with your card as above.

007 Attach the 8 x 1.7/8” square to the scored and cut card as above.

009 Bring up two of the cut squares crossing the middle square, place one end of the handle (which I have punched with MS Border Punch), behind the square and attach both sides square and handle with a Brad.

010 This is how it should look on the inside of the basket.

011 Now repeat the process on the other side, and you have your finished basket.

012 Finish your basket off with as much or as little embellishments as you like, I have used the Tulip stamp from Whiff of Joy Spring Store Kit, with ribbon and pearls, (I have decorated both sides of the basket the same), then fill with lots of yummy Eggs.

Hope you found this easy to follow and I would love to see your baskets if you decide to make one.

Hugs

Jacqui x

22 comments :

  1. Fantastic have to have a go with this one, great tutorial.
    Thanks
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous basket and fab tutorial. thanks Jacqui
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tutorial is made to look so easy. Thanks Jacqui, may have to try it now!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful basket! thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool! Have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tutorial, Jacqui. I've just finished making one and love it
    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial, fab basket!
    Thank you for sharing Jacqui!

    Hugs,
    Jolita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous - great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial and beautiful basket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing!!!!
    that is a wonderful bascket.
    Dana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bev, I got your easter basket-explanation on my way translated in the Netherlands, is now translated into the word. thank you for your beautiful creations. (sorry for my bad decisions, I translate it through google translation!) groetjes nonna
    http://nonnashobbystime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial, so easy to follow and such a lovely project :).

    Thank you for making time to do this, Jacqui and sharing it with us!

    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacqui,
    What a great tutorial! Thank you!!I just used it to create a little basket. Love it! You can see it here if you like: http://valspaperobsession.blogspot.com/2010/03/gift-basket-f4a4.html
    tfl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank You, Thank You, Thank you!!! I have been looking for a basket that would not be too hard to make as Easter Baskets. I want to make them for my Children's Ministry Team that work so hard all year with me for the children at church. I'm going to put a few goodies in it and decorate as Easter. Well, my search is over and I need to get to work. Thanks Again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks Jacqui for that great tutorial.....I needed something cute for my neighbour and now I have found it!!!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful Easter basket! I made two, and they are so easy to make! Thanks for a wonderful tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great tutorial for such a cute basket! I'm going to make one for Mother's day for sure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. BRILLIANT. Every year I make 24 Mother's Day baskets/bags etc as I run a Playgroup. Always looking for new idea's. This looks so easy and very impressive. Thank you again, I will have a go and then make a template for next March (not that I want it to be next March!)
    Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks fantastic! I can't wait 2 hav a go

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing tutorial - i've saved this in my favorites to have a go - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...