Sunday, November 29, 2009

Side-steps and Snowflakes by Bev Rochester

Hello everyone. Today I have a Side-Step card to show you, as well as what I use to make my snowflake embellishments. This is just a few pics of how I put the card together.



So firstly I designed the template to fit the images. There are lots of templates out there, all very similar but I needed slightly different measurements to fit the images that I wanted to use so made my own (with a ruler, loads of sheets of paper most of which went in the bin and a lot of muttering till I was happy with the sizes). If you want to use this template, click on it to get the full size. This is designed to fit an A4 sheet of card.



Then I decided where I was going to place the designer paper and cut the red mats and DP to fit. I also cut a Spellbinders Fancy Label for the sentiment.





The card taking shape when the papers are added


I chose Wee and reindeer and Wee and Christmastree which I coloured with distress inks and H2O's. I cut the images out and adhered them to smaller die cut Spellbinders Nestibilities Rectangle dies (I did it this way to keep the rectangles small enough not to overwhelm the card). Once I had made the card I decided I wanted a sentiment so cut another couple of rectangles out of red and white card, stamped the sentiment and then adhered this with repositional tape. This way I can remove the sentiment to write on it and pop it back in place.





For the snowflakes I cut several acetate and parchment snowflakes with the Spellbinders Create-a-Flake 1 and I punched out some small snowflakes with a Punch Bunch snowflake punch.


For the acetate snowflakes I coat the acetate die cut with Glossy Accents and then dip it in to a tub of Twinklets (push down on the back of the die cut to make sure it is coated properly). I prefer Glossy Accents as it does not shrink when it dries and is nice and thick to grip the Twinklets. Allow this to dry (I usually place mine on a radiator as I am too impatient to wait for it to dry naturally).



For the Parchment snowflakes, cut and emboss the snowflakes (I use Pergamano parchment paper but any parchment will do). Go around the edge of the snowflakes with a Krylon Silver Leafing pen and allow to dry. Then apply some Stickles Stardust to the raised, embossed parts and allow to dry.



Layer the acetate or parchement snowflakes with a punched snowflake and secure with a jewel brad and small spacer.

And here's another pic of the card. Apologies for the poor photographs, it has been so dark here through the day I have really struggled to get some half decent photo's.


Thanks for stopping by, hope this has been of use to you


Bev x

31 comments :

  1. Every part of this card is stunning. I love these images and your colouring of them and your snowflakes are divine. Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing this beautiful card. Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genial!!!, tus tutoriales son increibles y nos enseñan muchísimo, gracias por compartir, queda divino los copos. Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card and the snowflakes are fabulous. Thanks for preparing this tutorial and template.
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, loving this, thank you so much for sharing! I think I may have a go myself.

    Luv Lynney
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is stunning, Bev!
    I love it!
    Thanks for sharing the card and tutorial.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so adorable! Thank you for the great tutorial!

    Hugs,
    AndreaM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is gorgeous Bev. Love the adorable images and must have a go at these gorgeous snowflakes. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I love this style of step card, have only ever seen the one sided steppers
    and fab snowflakes Bev
    thankyou so much
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! I defenitely are going to try this one. Thank you for taking the time do make this tutorial.
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! I've never seen the two sided step card - just the one sided. Will definitely have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous shape step card Bev, it looks stunning! I love how you've done your snowflakes too, makes me want a cuttlebug LOL! hugs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Bev thanks for the template and the tutorial. Your card is stunning. I will def give this one a go tonight.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant Bev, thanks for taking the time to do this tutorial. Your card and snowflakes are beautiful.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, thank you for sharing your tricks of the trade - I'm going to have to get the punch, the twinklets, the glossy accents, spacers and and and ......
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning tutorial, really enjoyed it.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this tutorial Bev. I think it is a stunning card and just love the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. STUNNING !!!
    Thanks so much for the tutorial.
    Thanks for sharing.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bev this is fantastic, thanks for sharing, I just love the effect, am off to try it. hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing card! I will definately try to make one of these, thanks for the tutorial.
    Scraphugs, Floortje

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just fabulous! I've been admiring your beautiful snowflakes and flowers. Now I know how to do it. I even have that exact spellbinder flake. Just got it in the mail the other day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab tut Bev you make everything look so easy
    And a stunning card
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic tutorial Bev!! I have to try one of these it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful card! Thanks for the instructions as well - this way I won't have to clculate on my own ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Bev stunning card fabulous colouring and detail
    thanks for such a great tutorial
    hugs Dawnxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You've done such a beautiful job on this tutorial and the card is absolutely stunning Bev! Thanks so much too for sharing the how-to's for the Twinklets. Way too fun!!
    xxooxx Penny

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is absolutely fabulous, I love the choice of DP and the images are the cutest. Your snowflakes are the perfect accents, not to mention amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW Bev, this card is stunning! I love the design and your choice of stamps is fabulous! Love it!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...