Thursday, November 12, 2009

Easel Card by Jacqui



Hi Everyone, today it is my turn to show you how I make an easel card, I have had lots of requests for the measurements etc, so I hope this helps.

Here is a list of the tools and card I used to make this project

Dark Brown card cut to 12" x 6"
Dark Brown card cut to 6" x 6"
2 pieces of co-ordinating card (I have used cream) cut to 5.3/4" x 5.3/4"
2 pieces of Backing Paper cut to 5.5/8" x 5.5/8"

Medium and Small 6 petal Daisy Punch
Martha Stewart Leaf Branch Punch

Double Sided Tape, Memento Ink, Versamark Pad, Embossing Powder and Whiff of Joy Images of your choice.

Score and Fold the longest piece of base card at 6" and 9"

This is how it should look once folded

Apply double side tape at the edge and 2.1/2" up from the edge to the 6" x 6" base card

Mat and layer your co-ordinating card and chosen backing paper and apply to your base cards as below

attach the 6" x 6" square to the base card

This is how it should look from the side

Now to make some very simple but I think effective flowers, punch two medium 6 petal Daisys and one small flower

Distress the edges of the flowers with Frayed Burlap Distress Inks


Turn the flowers over and score up the middle of each petal

Turn back to the right side and pinch the edges of the petals together, they should look like the flowers below (this is the most fiddly part of the whole card)

Layer the flower up as below (make two of these flowers) and punch out two leaf branches with the Martha Stewart punch, edge the leaves with glue pen and add glitter



Here is the complete card, I have used one of the lovely Willow Images from The Elizabeth Bell Winter 2009 Collection from Whiff of Joy, she has been coloured with Copics and has been cut and and 3d onto the fabulous Whiff of Joy Tree Stump which has also been coloured with copics and 3d onto a base card, that has been stamped and heat embossed with Snowflakes from the Same Winter 2009 collection as Willow and distressed around the edge with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.



The sentiment was stamped onto plain white card and I used Oblong Nesties to cut out the sentiment and frame, the frame has been applied to the card with 3d pads, this keeps the back from slipping and staying upright.



I hope this has been helpful to you

Hugs Jacqui

25 comments :

  1. Wonderful Tutorial, beautiful card, thank you for sharing, will definately give this a go, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful instructions, and what beautiful results! I really have to take the plunge and try one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial!! Thanks for sharing! You have conquered my curiosity about how to make the easel card.
    "Hugs" Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Jacqui and inspirational tutorial thanks hunni x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tutorial, thank you Jacqui and your easel card is awesome.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, I didn't know how to make these easel cards before (and since english isn't my mother tongue it's hard to understand directions without pictures)
    I am sure that I will try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing Jacqui - thanks so much for the tutorial (I still need to attempt one of these lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this tutorial, Jacqui. I keep seeing these easel cards and I am delighted with your very clear guide. And what a beautiful card you have made. I love it! Warm wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Tutorial... Lovely Card! Thank you so much,... Everyone was talking about thees Easel card,... And it was difficult for me to understand what this was... .. I know now... And now i know how to make one... Thank you so much... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, sweetie, the tutorial is fabulous and I love your samplecard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me encanta que hayas creado este blog con el fin de enseñarnos con los tutoriales que pongas, te lo agradezco muchísimo, porque así sé donde tengo que venir cuando quiero aprender. Felicidades.
    Saludos desde Tenerife-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic turtorial. Gorgeous card.Have just made my first easel card. Thanks, Jacqui
    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is fantastic I have been wondering how they have been done- going to have a go tonight now everything is ok and my mind is settled.

    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific tutorial! I just finished my first easel card and it is really easy! So ingenious!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Jacqui,

    This tutorial is fantastic and so much more detailed than the one I used.
    Thanks for sharing - love the flower tip too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These were the best instructions for an easel card! Thank you! The flowers are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous card and easy to follow instructions. Thanks
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Jacqui. Have been trying to find instructions for this shape card all night but couldn't remember what was called or where had seen it!! So glad I found you. Great tutorial & card. Love the colour scheme you used.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. absolutely wonderful details. Thank you for taking the time to show us this. LOVE yur card, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sensational Jacqui will definately have a go now i've seen this fab tutorial Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous tutorial, thank you:O) Your card is stunning!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is my favourite Easel Card tutorial! I am so so glad I found it again, I used it last month but forgot where I saw it.
    I'll bookmark it this time :)

    Thanks for making it, Jacqui.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning work, so fantastic idea's..i love your work, thanks so much...
    Plastic cards

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...