Friday, July 19, 2013

Tutorial July

TUTORIAL JULY

http://www.marions-scrapkaarten.blogspot.nl/

Today I want to show you how to make a home decoration using Whiff of Joy products.
I came across a home decoration set in a local store and it was lovely in white :).
Still I wanted to give it my own touch and decorate it.
You can do this with every decoration you see in a store.

To get started you need an item you want to decorate and papers:


You start by drawing the decoration on the back side of the paper and do this with every item you want to decorate. 

I had a hick up with the letter E, since I forgot te flip the letter :)
I should have reversed the letter before I draw the outlines.

Now cut the lines, since I liked the white to come out a bit, I cut it a little shorter than the lines.
Finally, I tried if the papers fitted:

Now you can start decorating it.
I did an extra step and handstitched the sides of papers, since I love the stitched look, but it is an extra step and up to you.

This is how the endresult looks:

Detailed alphabet photos:




I hope I have given you some inspiration.
Till next month,
Happy crafting,
Hugs,
Marion

12 comments :

  1. This just looks soo gorgeous Marion, and I absolutely love the papers you used too, and you´ve just decorated it so beautiful too. It´ll look amazing in any home out there, thanks soo much for sharing the idea here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tutorial and gorgeous result.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful decoration!!

    Hugs, Sonja.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindo demais Marion, amei cada detalhe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These letters are so cool! Thank you for the inspiration.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful project.Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderfull tutorial, looks fantastic, great job!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea - thank you for sharing.
    Hugz
    Ea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooooooooooooooow Marion,your home decoration looks so fantastic,a really wonderful creation.Thanks for showing and inspire us.
    Hugs and greetings
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...