Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meet our Team ~ Designer Spotlight on Katharina Frei

Whiff of Joy is lucky to have such a talented and diverse Design Team. Not only do we hail from different countries around the world, we all have different styles! It makes for tons of inspiration and fun! One thing we do all have in common is a love for all things Whiff of Joy!
Over the next few months, we will be spotlighting each Designer in turn. We hope that you will get to know our wonderful team a little better! First up is our beloved leader of course!

Designer Spotlight ~ Katharina Frei
Owner of
Whiff of Joy Stamps
Stamping with a Whiff of Joy and Katharina Frei
Splitcoaststampers Gallery

Katharina lives in Switzerland with her husband and their two adorable little boys. She also owns and runs her own business and is the Creative Force behind Whiff of Joy Stamps. She is one busy lady with a heart of pure gold. She treats her Design Team with the utmost respect and caring and absolutely spoils us all! On top of all that, her awesome creative style is an inspiration to us all!

*****

Here are a few questions that I asked Katharina and her responses:

 

1. How long have you been stamping and how did you get started?
I started stamping after my son was born, because I needed some quality “me” time :) This was about 6 years ago now.
I have loved to craft since I was a child and have been a member of a craft forum. People started to show their self made cards, mainly with stuff from Stampin’ up in there and I wanted to be able to create such beautiful cards myself. That’s when I got my first supplies and haven’t stopped until now!


2. Why did you decide to start your own company?
I have been in the Design Team of several stamp companies, when I realized “hey, this is the thing I want to do”. It was a hard way, I did lots of mistakes, but it is still worth it – I love my job!


3. How would you describe your style?
This is a difficult question :) My style changed a lot since I started stamping and it is still changing. It always reflects my mood and life circumstances. I also see the beauty in all different stamping styles, so I try to incorporate a lot of them in my own cards. I try to be a bit vintage, use up my scraps, and create soft, charming cards, which put a smile to people’s faces.


4. Whom or what do you draw inspiration from?
I love to visit the blogs of the fabulous Whiff of Joy Design Team Ladies a lot to get inspired. Their styles are so different, filled with beautiful elements and ideas. These visits always help me to get my own creative juices flowing.


5. Time to confess. Are you a messy crafter or a super neat one?
Absolutely the messy one!!!!! No excuses, my craft room is pure chaos.


6. What is one of your all-time favorite color combos?
Light pink/kraft (brown)


7. What is your preferred coloring medium? Copics, Prismacolor pencils, Distress Inks, H20s?
Twinkling H2Os – they are perfect for intense or soft colourations, they have a divine sparkle, they never run dry, you never need to refill- I love them!


8. What are some of your favorite tools? The ones that you use every day and couldn’t live without?
My small A5 tablecutter, ink blending tool to distress paper, halfpearls, paperflowers, crackle paint and stamps from Whiff of Joy of course ;)


9. What is your favorite Whiff of Joy metal die?
The banners trio die – we have some new fabulous sentiments coming for those.

10. Finally, if you were a Whiff of Joy stamp, which one would you be?
I would love to be one of the “Love birds” sitting on the branch.

*****

I hope you have enjoyed getting to know Katharina a little better :) You can see more of her creations at her SCS gallery, her blog as well as see her informative videos at her Youtube channel.

I will be continuing the spotlights over the next few months :)

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...