Friday, May 9, 2014

Color Me Happy Friday!! with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol




Hi Everyone!! I'm Susan Kennedy and I am so happy to be able share with you on this wonderful Friday for Color Me Happy! I'm excited to share this card with you using Reporter Henry:








For this card I used Reporter Henry from Whiff of Joy. I colored him with my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I printed the image several times and I colored each one so that I could decoupage a bit of him. I also inked around the edges with black ink. The papers are from a really old Club Scrap box. I added the ribbon which I tied with three loops. I created the sentiment and added the pearls next to the sentiment and on the image. I also embossed the background, red paper with a Happy Birthday embossing folder. I completed the sentiment on the inside and that is simply it. I love the shading that I got with the pencils and Gamsol with this image. And I think the decoupage added that much more to it! And I LOVE Henry!!



Prismacolor and Gamsol:  I have found that when I'm using Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, that you really don't need much pencil. The best way to get the shading that you want is to apply a darker line of pencil right around the edge. Then you use the Gamsol to pull the pencil from the edge which creates that magnificent shading. I have also found that it is much better to use less pencil and add if you need to. It is nearly impossible to remove too much pencil line.

3 comments :

  1. Such a wonderful card and sooo gorgeous colored. I love pencilcoloring like this. Great job, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool creation

    lg
    michaela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...